Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Blog!

This might sound really cheesy but, I was introduced to blogging by watching the movie Julie & Julia. Watching Julie become so dedicated to something she loved and had a passion for made me feel inspired to start my own blog. I wanted to feel her passion & love so I looked into the idea of starting my own blog! I was so excited! I just had ONE PROBLEM... What do I love? What would I blog about? Is my writing creative enough to capture people's attention? Do I have the time and dedication? Does anybody care? Okay... so my ONE problem turned out to be a few problems. Needless to say, I never started a blog.

Fast forward a year later... Spring is here and summer is on its way!! I need to hit the gym more often and start looking for anything that's in style! Time again for tank tops, shorts, bikinis, and flip flops.... Whoa wait a minute! Did I say flip flops? Yup I did, what a scary thought... I have un-kept, unpolished, nasty looking toes. Do I really want to show them to the world? No, I don't so I researched OPI and found the Alice in Wonderland collection. After setting my eyes on Mad as a Hatter, I made a bee line to my local cosmetics store to get that polish.

I found the solution to my blog starting problems. I will blog about new and upcoming polishes, my nails, random things I love, my nails, what I believe is in style and oh yeah, did I say my nails?

My first polish post will be sometime before this weekend.

Since I'm so new to this nail blogging stuff I have a few questions that maybe you guys can answer.

1. How do you get the upcoming polishes so soon?
2. What are some tips & tricks for a new nail blogger you are willing to share?
3. Why do you call nail example pictures Swatches?

Thanks 4 reading! Please post comments!

As Always,
Life, Love, Lacquer!
Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment